J.G. Smith made her feature film debut in Jennifer Reeder's acclaimed Lynchian high school thriller Knives and Skin (2019), and has starred in commercial spots for Andre Champagnes and Cannabist.
Onstage, her favorite roles include Caroline in I and You, Joan of Arc, Celia, Emily Brontë, Alice in Wonderland, and Mercutio. She is a proud Ensemble Member with American Blues Theater, and is the resident Foley artist for their annual holiday show It's A Wonderful Life: Live in Chicago!
Her performance art has shown at NOLA's Hell Yes Film Festival, Williamsburg Circus, Chicago's Salonathon!, TransVisions' SOFT PALETTE virtual festival, and the Brooklyn-based art incubator Undiscovered Countries.
Her darkly comedic variety hour MARYSHELLEYSHOW, which she devised and produced with longtime collaborator Barbara Begley, toured cross-country and won an Audience Award at Chicago Fringe.
J.G. graduated with honors from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts and certified in Shakespeare at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London.
She is repped by Paonessa Talent Agency.
AEA, SAG-AFTRA-eligible. She/her/hers.
- Winter 2023:
- ARGUS (pictured above), written/directed by Jim Vendiola. A Warner Bros Discovery/WarnerMedia150 Production.
- Workshopped multiple roles in a new play with Goodman Theatre's Playwrights' Unit.
- Workshopped a principal role in Eric Berg'sWAYWARD at American Blues Theater.
- March 12 - April 8: "Ashley" in Debra Cole's Stork Patrol (Eclectic Full Contact Theatre's Half Hour Audio Hour series).
- The Dancing Monkey (pictured below) starts its festival run in summer 2023. Written and directed by Chandler Wild. Produced by All The Way Around Productions.